Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tasty Buffalo Chicken Dip and Olive Cheeseball

The first recipe is from one of the most beloved people of my childhood. I remember eating this cheeseball at Mary's house. She then wrote out a copy of the recipe for me when I was a young cook. My 19 month-old daughter loves olives. I made it this week because I thought she'd enjoy it. We enjoyed it with Pepperidge Farms Snack Sticks.

Mary's Cheesy Olive Ball

1 package cream cheese (cut in 6 pieces)
1/3 cup stuffed green olives (well-drained)
1/2 t. seasoned salt
1/8 to 1/4 t. garlic powder

With knife blade (in food processor), pulse to mix, about 60 seconds. It may be necessary to stop and stir mixture once or twice. Turn mixture out onto wax paper; mound into ball; wrap. Freeze 45 minutes then roll in ball. Can be covered in nuts or parsley.

This Franks Red Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe is great for those that love hot sauce. One time I was craving it, and had neither blue cheese dressing or blue cheese crumbles. I substituted ranch dressing, and it was still delicious. My mom made this once and substituted a hotter sauce. Because of the creamy ingredients that mellow the sauce, it still wasn't too spicy.

Franks Red Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip

1 pkg. 8 oz cream cheese, softened
2 cans 9.75 oz chicken breast, drained
1/2 cup Red Hot sauce
1/2 cup blue cheese salad dressing
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
Assorted veggies and crackers

Stir cream cheese until smooth. Stir in other ingredients. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Makes 4 cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment